SRA-E 2022 Call for Abstracts
Living with Risks – Sharing the Good Practice
Abstract submission opens: November 15, 2021
We welcome the contributions on topics related to applied risk analysis and science, including risk assessment, risk characterization, risk perception, risk communication, risk management, risk governance and policy, relating to risks which are of concern to individuals, organizations in the public and private sector, or to society at local, regional, national, or global levels. All the authors are invited to present the case studies and share the good practice.
At the SRA-Europe 2022 Conference, presentations will be held in the following formats:
1. Symposia: Represent a group of oral presentations (minimum 3 presentations; maximum 5 presentations) by one or more authors each, organized around one common topic + one short symposium introduction by the coordinator + symposium Q&A/discussion.
Symposium duration: 90min.
2. Oral presentations: Represent individual oral presentations by one or more authors + Q&A/ discussion for all presentations at the session’s end.
Individual presentation duration: 15min.
3. Poster presentations: Represent an individual poster presentation by one or more authors + individual Q&A/discussion of the poster.
The organizers will allocate stand-alone oral presentations to thematic sessions. Symposia are self-organized sessions which have a specific thematic focus. Abstracts for oral presentations for symposia must indicate which symposium they belong to.
List of topics
The topics for the Novi Sad conference include, but are not restricted to the following:
• Principles and methods of risk research
• New concepts and approaches in risk analysis and management
• Natural disaster risks (wildfires, floods, earthquakes, landslides, storms, etc.) and their mitigation
• COVID-19 and pandemics
• Climate change and extreme weather events
• Multi-hazards and systemic risks
• Development, urbanization and socio-natural hazards
• Environmental hazards, technological hazards and industrial accidents
• Transportation accidents
• Critical infrastructure risk analysis and resilience
• Risk governance, risk-blind and risk-sensitive policy-making
• Risk management and sustainability
• Urban development: resilience, safety and security
• Financial resilience to hazards
• Cyber security
• Emerging risks, emerging technologies and novel foods
• Health and safety at work
• Risk perception and risk communication
• Risk culture, risk education and risk ethics
• Risk and social media